Sunday, September 17, 2023

My weekly Shy Bladder journal #3

Hi again,

They say promises are made to be broken. I've heard this phrase before, and though I didn't give it much credence, I find myself thinking differently now that I've broken the promise I made to you—to write a weekly journal post. Perhaps there's some truth to it after all.

As for why I haven't been writing, I don't want to offer excuses, but truthfully, the primary reason is that there hasn't been any significant change in my struggle with Paruresis, also known as Shy Bladder. Over the past three weeks, I'd say I've experienced a 50-50 success-to-failure ratio. There have been moments of joy and confidence, and there have been moments when I've frozen up, unable to relieve myself.

Additionally, I wasn't able to finish the book I started reading, "The Secret Social Phobia" by Dr. Steven Soifer. While I do have some explanations, I won't burden you with them by delving into the details here.

I've also realized it might be a good idea to keep these posts shorter. This way, I won't feel overwhelmed and hesitant to return here to write every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment